Followers

Saturday 30 August 2014

What a Wonderful Wedding Day

Hi All,
Sorry for my long absence, but the family have been away, so as well as enjoying the calm, I have taken the opportunity to do a little bit of sorting out in my craft/bedroom.
It is a kind of annual thing which I strangely look forward to (it can only be tackled when the family are away and I can leave everywhere covered with STUFF which I don't need to worry about for several days.)
Every year is the same though as I am suddenly filled with an overwhelming sense of 'WHY EVER DID I START THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have so many projects that need finishing, and who knew the treasures that were lurking at every turn. Stamps that I didn't even remember I had - how naughty is that!!
I have been quite ruthless, although perhaps still not as brutal as I should be, and there is a rather large box of things for my family and friends to sort through.
I had to make sure that the decks were cleared this week as they are all due home this evening, and I also had a very special card to make for yesterday.
My little sister Gail finally got married to Alistair, her Prince Charming. It has only taken them 19 years to tie the knot !!
I decided on a circular card, my go to shape for something that little bit special.
The image is a Lili of the Valley topper which I cut out and layered using more circular nesties. I also added some faux stitching, glitter and glossy accents.
I opted for cream card as well as some real lace and tiny pearls
The sentiment is also from Lili of the Valley and I have added some die cut leaves and flowers.
Of course to make it really special it had to have a box which I also decorated.
The Registry office ceremony was lovely, and my sister looked amazing.
Unfortunately I didn't manage to get a very good picture of the happy couple together so you will have to be content with this one of Gail and Mum who looked equally radiant.
Gail had suggested that everyone dressed 'to be comfortable' so her groom took her at her word. The first thing I noticed about Alistair were his shoes. Very laid back!!
STOP PRESS - The family have arrived home now so I got things tidied up just in time lol.
hugs Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Well, HUGE congratulations to your sister! :) We are re-organizing the house right now, too, and I feel the same way. WHY do we do it to ourselves?! :) This card is beautiful and absolutely perfect for the event. I'm glad you all had a wonderful time! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card for a wedding and the bride looks radiant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx