Followers

Saturday 2 November 2019

Halloween Chalenge at CCM

Hi All,
I am soooooo sorry for the tardiness of this post, but it seems to have been a manic few weeks, coupled with an Internet connection that seems to drop in and out every few minutes to the point where I have abandoned trying to use it at all.
Anyhoo it's my turn to host the challenge over at CCM, and as you may have guessed the theme is Halloween.
I have to say that it is not something that we celebrated when I was a kid, but then I am old lol.
Now it seems to be a big thing, and my Girls love it. There are always loads of sweeties for the Trick or Treaters, and the house is usually festooned with cobwebs and all sorts of scary things.
I spent the day wearing a rather batty headband that I had strung with lights. I did get some looks as I travelled on the train, but it certainly put a smile on a few peoples faces.
My card uses a fabulous old LOTV topper and lots of Tim Holtz dies.
The wizard was a little too cute, so I trimmed away his teddy bear when I fussy cut the image.
The background was created by attaching die cut bats to the black card base to add a little interest and dimension.
I found the letterpress tree panel amongst my stash and added some glitter around the moon, and a couple more bats.
The spooky house and tree are also from Tim Holtz.
I added a bit of sparkly card behind the windows,
and then a bit of funky foam for added dimension.
The spooky branches are another Tim Holtz die.
The sentiment is from a new set that I bought from Simon Says Stamp. It is a fabulous set with loads of little sentiments, and it has a coordinating die so you cut them all out at once.
I promise that I will get round to see you all over the next few days.
I am off to Sir Stampalot for my annual holiday, and I am soooo looking forward to it.
Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
Crafty hugs
Kimx

4 comments:

  1. FAbulous....love that sweet wizard x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is absolutely gorgeous Kim! We're not into Halloween here but I do love the cards and decor others have created to celebrate it and your card is one of them! I love the colours and I adore your little wizard! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Kim and really spooky too. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just in case I haven't told you, I love this. Hope you're keeping busy....sorry that's meant to be a joke. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx