Followers

Saturday 11 January 2014

An old card for Inspiration

Evening Everyone,
We have had a fabulous first class of the year at Davina's today. Caught up with friends old, and new to the classes, plus lots of laughs, and even some really yummy cake courtesy of Gilly.
One of the things that I always do before I consign the Christmas cards to the recycling (kids cutting and sticking box) or my box full of handmade cards that I save forever, is to go through them and sort out any for my inspiration box - Pinterest but of the tangible variety I guess lol.
My card tonight was inspired by one such card from my Inspiration box and the stamp set (new from Woodware) certainly proved to be a big hit with everyone, even though they are so new that all they could do was order them.
This is the card that I used for my inspiration. I will definitely be using the idea for some of my own Christmas cards this year.
I stamped and embossed the JGS329 Teasels Flower Heads using Versamark ink and white embossing powder and then added  Creole Spice Kaleidacolor ink to the center of the panel having first masked the top and bottom edges.
The greeting, another new Woodware stamp, has been stamped using Black Stazon ink since that is one of the only inks that will dry when stamped onto the embossed image.
No cooking tonight, we are having a curry as a treat, so I can see a late night crafting session in my future. Maybe I will get a couple of those Christmas cards made, you never know.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Stunning card Kim.....thank you for sharing......you have inspired me to have a play........hopefully later in the week. xxGaynor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx