Followers

Monday, 14 October 2013

The beginning of a Beautiful Year

Hi All
Well I really seem to have excelled myself in the Christmas card department this weekend. I think maybe I'm making up for all those months when I didn't manage to make a single card.
Still no pictures I'm afraid. I can't wait to get my bag back tomorrow.
I hadn't realised just how much I used my camera and how much time it saves me just by taking the photos when I need them rather than having to scroll through months worth of pictures.
This card was once again made for the Woodware catalogue but the sentiment is perfect for a certain young lady whose birthday is today - my youngest daughter Becki who reaches the tender age of 30. Where did all those years go?
I hope that she had been having a wonderful day and that she has been thoroughly spoilt. I will be seeing her tomorrow when we will be exchanging cards and gifts, and sharing a meal at the pub.
I just hope that she won't have too much of a headache after all her celebrating today lol.
Back to the card. The background has been created using the Colorbox Stylus Tool and a Woodware stamp set designed by Jane Gill.
The stylus tool is a fabulous piece of kit which you can use to create your own backgrounds.
HERE is a link to a Youtube clip on how to use them.
Once I had created the background I stamped and embossed on to it in black to give a good contrast.
Hope you like it.
Hugs Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Kim this is really gorgeous. I love that stamp set. Is it a new one??? I wish I had half your talent then I could nick your job and get lots of lovely freebies ;-)

    I bet you didn't go out and get drunk for your birthday 30 years ago, lol

    I had my Ems 4 days after my 1st Wedding Anniversary and there was no celebrating just in case she made an appearance and I might be too tiddly to notice!!!

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tile background Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the techniques used here lovely cards kim...x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Hugs Kimx