Followers

Monday 14 October 2013

The beginning of a Beautiful Year

Hi All
Well I really seem to have excelled myself in the Christmas card department this weekend. I think maybe I'm making up for all those months when I didn't manage to make a single card.
Still no pictures I'm afraid. I can't wait to get my bag back tomorrow.
I hadn't realised just how much I used my camera and how much time it saves me just by taking the photos when I need them rather than having to scroll through months worth of pictures.
This card was once again made for the Woodware catalogue but the sentiment is perfect for a certain young lady whose birthday is today - my youngest daughter Becki who reaches the tender age of 30. Where did all those years go?
I hope that she had been having a wonderful day and that she has been thoroughly spoilt. I will be seeing her tomorrow when we will be exchanging cards and gifts, and sharing a meal at the pub.
I just hope that she won't have too much of a headache after all her celebrating today lol.
Back to the card. The background has been created using the Colorbox Stylus Tool and a Woodware stamp set designed by Jane Gill.
The stylus tool is a fabulous piece of kit which you can use to create your own backgrounds.
HERE is a link to a Youtube clip on how to use them.
Once I had created the background I stamped and embossed on to it in black to give a good contrast.
Hope you like it.
Hugs Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Kim this is really gorgeous. I love that stamp set. Is it a new one??? I wish I had half your talent then I could nick your job and get lots of lovely freebies ;-)

    I bet you didn't go out and get drunk for your birthday 30 years ago, lol

    I had my Ems 4 days after my 1st Wedding Anniversary and there was no celebrating just in case she made an appearance and I might be too tiddly to notice!!!

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the techniques used here lovely cards kim...x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx