Followers

Thursday 17 October 2013

A pearly Iris

Hi All
Well they call them decoupage stamps, so I thought that I would do just that with one of them.
I stamped and embossed the Iris onto watercolour card and then painted it with an Imagination Pearly Palette by making the card very wet and the 'dropping' colour randomly over the image.
This creates a lovely blended effect which I heat set because like all crafters I'm impatient and want to see the effect NOW!!
I stamped and embossed the image again onto a piece of cream background paper and then fussy cut the Iris before adding them to the watercolour panel using silicon.
I shaped each of the pieces first on a pergamano mat with a very large embossing tool.
The other thing that I really like about these stamps, as well as the designs of course, is that each set is accompanied by a greeting and a couple of background stamps so they really are such good value for money.
I have stamped and embossed the greeting in white onto the green background paper and then added  some swirls using a versamark pad.
The punched and layered border has been created using papers from my stash and a Martha Stewart punch.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim , thank you for liking the designs, I love what you've done with the Iris stamp set,really effective technique .... Jayne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx