Followers

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Better Late than Never.... and a very Happy Birthday to Two Special People

Hi All,
Well not quite the morning post that I had hoped but I made it at last.
Here is the card that I made for the latest challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers where our host Lin has chosen the theme of 'Birthday' to help celebrate the launch of the challenge 4 years ago.
Our sponsors this time are HOBBY ART and DI'S DIGISTAMPS.
With this in mind I have chosen to use a lovely new HOBBY ART design Sharon's Birthday Vase for my card. 
I stamped the vase onto Woodware watercolour card, which I am loving, and then coloured the image using Distress Inks.
I paper pieced the vase using some of the background papers and then cut the image out using one of my numerous Circular Nesties. Of course I had to add some faux stitching.
The background to the main card has been made using background papers from my stash and a Hexagon Die.
Yes it is a little time consuming distressing the edges, putting it all back together and then adding the stitching, but it is so worth the effort I think.
I wanted to add Birthday Greetings to the card but without hiding the background, so the obvious answer was Timber Brown Staz-on and some acetate.
I hid the silicon under the vase but added some brads to the corners of the acetate panel to make sure that it remained flat and in place.
Why not check out the challenge and see what the rest of the team have come up with to inspire you.
While we are on the subject of Birthdays today is a special day for two very special little people.
Saskia and Ciaran are 6.
I cannot believe where that time has gone to. It seems only yesterday that I was picking Megan and Reece up from school, in the pouring rain I might add!!!!, so that we could go and visit their brand new baby Brother and Sister.
I wonder if there will be a royal birth today? That would certainly make it easy to remember.
Have a great evening. I am sitting in the doorway at Sirstampalot catching a lovely evening breeze while the ladies are beavering away at Christmas Club.
Hugs to all, and especially Ciaran and Sas.
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx