Followers

Thursday 17 January 2013

Shabby Chic for a Baby Girl

Evening Everyone
I hope that you have had a good day and that you are not too cold.
We don't appear to have any of the thick snow here that the weather men have been predicting.... as yet, I will just wait and see when I peep through the curtains tomorrow morning before I go to work. I suspect that I will be in need of my very unflattering thermal underwear lol.
Now as you know I just love the challenges over at Our Creative Corner, and so no week would be complete without making a card for it.
This week they are looking for Shabby Chic Style, in their words  'Shabby Chic' style is generally characterized by a time-worn look achieved by inking and distressing.  There are layers of softness that can be achieved by the use of ribbon, lace, and crochet trim.  You will need to include feminine embellishments, such as buttons, pearls, glitter, and any other sweet embellishment. 
I have had several Baby Congratulations cards to make this week so it seemed the perfect fit.
I have used a Lili of the Valley pre-coloured image cut out using Labels 22. I added some Antique Linen Distress Ink to the edges of the image while it was still inside the nestie along with a faux stitched border.
The background panel that it is mounted onto is a piece of brown cardstock which has been embossed using a folder designed by Crafts Too.
I distressed it a little and added plenty of Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.
I used the lovely sketch over at CLP Challenges for my layout.
I also used some gingham, as requested in the challenge at Sweet Stampin.
The other background paper is by Magnolia with my favourite swirl stamped over it using the Brushed Corduroy ink.
Of course no 'Shabby Chic' card would be complete without a few pearls, a ribbon bow and punched border.
Off to bed now, see you tomorrow, lets hope without any of the white stuff :O)
hugs Kimx

7 comments:

  1. oh, so adorable!!! Little girl image sooooo cute )) Gorgeous distressing on embossing. It make design pop up. Love it!!
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Gingham” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Lovely colours and details, love that sweet image too. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... this is such a fabulous card. Love the embossed background and the beautiful sewing. The image is very cute. Thank you for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for joining in our 'Gingham' challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Such a sweet image and your colour choices look fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, what a sweet baby card in love the gingham that you added to the lower third of your card. Very pretty. And the image you used is adorable. The coloring is perfect, too!
    Thank you for joining us @ OCC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning sweetie, this is just fabulous, thank you for joining us at Crafting Lifes Pieces this time hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is adorable Kim. Love the cute motif. Thank you so much for joining us at Crafting Life's Pieces Challenge, hope to see you again next time.

    Hugs, Dunja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx