Followers

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Aqua and Pink + Flower for Our Creative Corner

Evening Everyone,
I'm starting the New Year as I mean to go on, or at least that's my hope anyway.
I've been trying to get a little more organised when checking out my favourite challenges, so I've been writing copious lists and printing pictures of sketches that I want to use. I'm sure that it can't last...........but at least for the moment let's give it a go.
This is the card that I made for the first challenge of 2013 over at Our Creative Corner where they are looking for Aqua and Pink plus Flowers.
The main panel on the card is a Penny Black stamp Floral Thread 40-135 which has been stamped and embossed using Versamark and White Embossing powder.
I have sponged it with Distress inks Victorian Velvet and Evergreen Bough, before trimming it and mounting it onto a piece of pink gingham paper.
The zig-zag stitching has also been stamped and embossed in white using a clear stamp that I have. Sorry not sure who makes it.
I have added several flowers which were coloured and fussy cut out of a second stamped image.
The sentiment is from a Woodware clear stamp set designed by Jane Gill, and has been cut out with one of my trusty Circular Nesties and mounted onto an Aqua coloured Scalloped Circle.
I added a piece of Medical Gauze under the circular panel before attaching the shaped flowers, stamen and pins using Silicon glue.
I got the idea for the gauze from the lovely Sara when she brought some of her fantastic samples into SirStampalot when I was staying there in November.
I rushed straight out and bought some, and then forgot all about it, as you do.
I had to laugh when the assistant asked if I wanted Sterile Gauze!!
I hadn't got the heart to tell her I wanted it to adorn a greetings card not a cut knee, I'm not sure that she would have understood.
I've been a very good girl so far this year and I have made myself write my blogpost and catch up on a bit of commenting and e-mails before I allow myself time to play.
The trouble is that I can see me being very late to bed now if I am going to get any playtime in at all.
Better press publish, I have a card to finish!!
hugs Kimx

5 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty this is! Such lovely colours!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kim
    I am so pleased that you have joined us again for our first challenge of 2013. Your card is a stunner, my eyes were immediately drawn to your background; the Penny Black floral thread stamp looks wonderful, and adding the 'unsterile' gauze looks amazing because it adds so much texture, I couldn't make out how you created the look.
    Your fussy cut flowers, adds a asymmetrical balance to your card to create flow and movement in the composition, it is beautifully made.
    Thank you very much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner. We are just thrilled to see your work..
    Smiles :-)
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty... love the texture from the gauze and those lovely flowers!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even begin to tell you how many times while reading your post that I said, "OHH, that's a great idea" or "OMGOSH...that's a stamp???" You've certainly inspired me this morning and I applaud you on your New Year's Resolutions. You've certainly produced a knock out card here and it's packed with gorgeous pinks and aquas. I'm loving that the stitching is a stamp and that gauze....BRILLIANT idea. LOL on the refraining from telling her it wasn't for a bodily injury. :)
    Kudos on the challenge well done for our first of 2013 challenges at Our Creative Corner. So happy to have you playing along.
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Kim, love the flowers, totally gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx