Followers

Saturday 26 January 2013

A little bit of Upcycling

Evening Everyone
Are you having a good weekend, plenty of crafting I hope.
Those of you that know me will know that I very rarely add a greeting to the inside of a card until I am ready to send it so that it can be stamped to personalise it for the recipient.
Well on this occasion the same can be said for adding a sentiment to the front of the card.
I have unfortunately needed several 'Thinking of You' cards over the last couple of last weeks, but with little or no time to make something from scratch that I would feel completely happy with.
So instead I decided to 'Upcycle', is that the correct terminology for recycling these days :O)
I looked through my not inconsiderably large stash of cards and found several which I felt would be quite suitable with the right sentiment attached to the front.
This first card is made using one of the lovely Decoupage stamp from Imagination.
This card is another that I have already blogged and has been sent to a friend who used to live next door when I was a child.
In those days everyone was referred to as Auntie or Uncle, even friends and neighbours, it was seen as a term of endearment.
In fact to this day I still find it hard to call my real Aunt and Uncle by only their Christian names as it somehow feels disrespectful. How silly does that sound when you are in your 50's lol.
Hugs Kimx

5 comments:

  1. Great re-working of two really lovely cards - they both work beautifully with the sentiment. Completely get that Auntie thing - I've got an Aunt and Uncle who never wanted to be known as Aunt X and Uncle Y, and I've perfectly happily called them by their Christian names ever since I was a child... but the ones who were Auntie A and Uncle B are still that - that's their name as far as I'm concerned!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in my 50's and still call all my Aunts and Uncles with their "title"..my niece however chooses to call me by my first name, and I miss being called an Aunt. I guess it's the way we were raised.Love your cards. Thanks for visiting my blog, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top card would be perfect for an acquaintance of mine who has just lost his very elderly mother; would you mind if I were to borrow heavily/sort of copy the idea? :-) Jenny B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for it Jenny, after all that is why I post the cards, hopefully to give people some inspiration.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx