Followers

Saturday 13 February 2010

The wonders of modern technology!!!!

Good Morning everyone.
Well once again I have been defeated by technology.
There I was all ready to blog and share the brayered cards that I will be teaching today (Saturday 13th) at Lavender Lane, and then what a surprise - no internet connection - and I was on such a roll.
I just don’t know what it is with me and the internet, I seem cursed.Anyway here are two of the cards ideas that I am sharing with the ladies on the class.
I’ve always loved brayering, but my style is totally different from Barbara‘s. I don’t seem to be able achieve the paler backgrounds that she creates so beautifully. Mine always seem to work better with a darker more dramatic finish. Maybe it’s the stamps that I generally have to work with which seem to favour the darker look. Still isn’t it a good job that we both do different things with a brayer, it would be very boring if it was all the same.
The first card makes use of a resist technique - magic painting for grownups. A versamarked image on glossy cardstock with dye based ink brayered over the top, and hey presto the image ‘pops through’ just like magic painting when you were a child.
The tree has been stamped and embossed at the side of the resist greeting. As it is dye based ink I have been able to bleach out the top of the trees - what a surprise!!
The brayered panel at the centre of the second card has been created by applying scrunched cling film to a previously brayered background. Before you lay the cling film over the brayering spritz it with some water. Glimmer mist or something similar works really well with this technique.
You have to be patient and allow the card to completely dry before removing the Clingfilm. Your patience will be rewarded by the most amazing backgrounds which always remind me of ‘Jack Frost on the window pane’
I know I'm old cause I remember it being on the inside of the window pane, very pre-central heating. Now I think the nearest you get to seeing it is in your car on a frosty morning - I think I’ll stick with the central heating and create the effect myself on a piece of card lol.
I hope they all have fun playing today. Its amzing how many different pieces of background can be created using exactly the same inkpads and stamps, I always pick up some new ideas from everyone..
I hope you like the cards.
Lets hope I have better luck with the internet today.
Happy stamping.
Love Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx