Followers

Wednesday 28 October 2009

Special Christmas cards

I've got my computer back at last. My friend Joe, who fixed it for me, told me that it was running slow, but this is just ridiculous. It has just taken me over two hours to get onto the internet and then it won't let me do anything so I've given up and am back using my daughters laptop. I've been working on this post since last weekend, so it has now officially taken me a week to finish. What is it with me and all things technical? In fact this morning after nearly throwing my laptop out of the window I finally gave up and ordered myself a new one off my catalogue. I can't wait till Friday when it is delivered. Maybe then the internet will become a joy like my good friend Gill tells me it should be. I wait in happy anticipation. Anyway, enough of me moaning thats not why you follow me is it!!!
I tried to get these cards to you on Tuesday so that you could see what I was teaching at Davina's on Wednesday evening (www.stampcraftcards.co.uk), but we won't go in to that again will we!!
I always try to give the ladies several examples to look at in the class and sometimes you just get carried away. You may also have noticed that one of my favourite toys at the moment is the cuttlebug, embossing folders and nestabilities.



These cards all use the Inkadinkadoo clear stamp sets and the new Hobby Art clear stamps greetings set, but the large tree is a wood mounted stamp by Personal Impressions which I think makes a great Christmas card even though it is not designed as such.
I'm afraid that I threw out the packaging as soon as I opened up the stamp sets so I don't know the codes, but if you go on to the Sir Stampalot web site or contact Davina I know that they will be able to help you locate them.
I was going to go into detail about how each of the cards had been made, but I think that I might be here for rather a long time and I suspect that that may be pushing my luck with all things computer.
They all involve stamping and heat embossing using either versamark and gold embossing powder, or black versafine and clear. Each coloured panel has been put through the cuttlebug using an embossing folder and the stamped panel on the top of the card has been cut out using the nestabilities all except the red and gold tree which had been cut on the guillotine.

I hang on to all my old cats eye ink pads, which are far too dry to emboss with, but are ideal for tapping around the edge of card to give that truly 'finished off' look.
Brads and ribbon are also a great way of finishing off a card, and what more can I say about peel-offs.
At one time I wouldn't have given a thank you for one, but now I own hundreds, although I have to say that I probably use more of the waste to finish off a card than I do the actual peel-off design itself.
Anyway, I think I had better post this now before anything else goes wrong. I hope that you like the cards and maybe I will post some more pictures when I've finished playing with all the leftover bits from teaching the class.
I am having a few days holiday next week so I hope that I can get on top of some of the prep work for the next few classes so that I can share them with you.
Happy Stamping!
Love Kimx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kim

    Hope the tinternet pobs sort.

    Great makes as usual. And would you beleive I recognise most of those stamps - strange, but we have discussed this have'nt we ?

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. At last, I've finally found your blog! (via Vixykins).

    I failed miserably when searching on google for you! Anyway, I will follow/stalk you now I've found you. I hope you get the computer problems sorted out OK!

    Good luck with your blog

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards again Kim, love the one with the bird.

    Shaz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Kim, love all the embossing x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx