Followers

Tuesday 15 May 2018

We made it

Evening, or should that be very early morning lol
Well we made it. We finished the Moonwalk.
40,000 steps and just under 5 and a half hours, not bad for a first attempt at the 15 mile Half Moon Walk, if I do say so myself.
It was a strangely enjoyable experience, one which I would happily repeat.
I must confess to spending most of Sunday either sleeping, or at least lying down, so I hope you will forgive me for not blogging sooner.
Thank you to everyone who sponsored us, and a huge thank you to all the volunteers who gave up their time to stand throughout the night to guide and encourage us.
Thanks again for all your support.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Well done Kim. I wanted to join the Breast Cancer walk on my mobility scooter but the local group didn't want to know, sadly. I couldn't walk 10 metres myself without pain but wanted to do it on my scooter to support my Niece who had breast cancer last year. How long is your page for donating stopping up? I would like to send a donation but it would need to be nearer June?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lin, to be honest I don't know how long the page stays up as this is the first time I have done anything like this. How rotten of them not to let you join in on your scooter although I guess it would be a 'elf and safety' nightmare. There was one young lass in a wheelchair that we saw on the walk, but I don't know how many more disabled people there were. Will definitely do it again next year. Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx