Followers

Monday 13 November 2017

Anything but a Card at CCM

Well as I predicted, my toothache really has got the better of me.
The antibiotics took nearly a week to kick in and I have been popping painkillers like they were going out of fashion, all of which left me feeling sick all the time. How my daughter Becki put up with it for the entire 9 months of her pregnancy I will never know. I could barely manage a week!!
I think part of the problem is that I don't usually take any pills at all so my system is struggling to cope.
I started to feel a whole lot better at the end of last week after another emergency appointment to drain the infection, and my bank balance can look forward to a huge hit when I start treatment for a root canal filling.........oh joy!
On a much happier note Chloe is gorgeous, and Emma is being a very helpful 'Big Sister' despite co-incidentally hitting the terrible twos.
I have been working on Thank you cards for all the wonderful prezzies that the Girls have been given, but as I can't share them yet I though that instead I would show you the picture frames that I made for a recent class.
We have a new challenge starting today over at CCM where our host Angela is looking for Anything But a Card so these fitted the bill perfectly.
I recently held a class where we made picture frames using some old wood mounted stamps.
This frame uses a Magenta stamp which has been coloured in using Watercolour Pearlex.
The floral embellishment is from Stampin Up
This frame uses the same Magenta stamp
and some Hero Art floral stamps.
This frame uses a very old Penny Black frame stamp. It was actually made many years ago but will make a fabulous Christmas gift.
It is the perfect image for some decoupage, although now I would prefer to use silicon glue to attach the cut out images.
I hope that you will find the time to join in with our challenge which runs for the next two weeks, just remember that we are only looking for Anything but a card.
Have a great week.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Your frames are wonderful (as are the lovely pictures they frame). Very nicely done, love them!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely frames Kim, nice photos too. Sorry to hear about the toothache, hope it gets sorted soon. Take care, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx