Followers

Tuesday 17 January 2017

Watercolour Diamonds

Evening Everyone,
Got a few cards for you tonight that all use the fabulous diamond background stamp from Art Impressions.
This first card was given to Emma's Daddy for his birthday last week. 
I inked the background stamp with Distress Inks and then spritzed with water before stamping onto watercolour card stock.
Once the panel was dry I stamped and embossed the tree onto it as well as a couple of rather grungy borders.
The beauty of this watercolour technique is that by spritzing with a little more water you can get at least one more impression from your stamp without reinking.
The background to this card uses the first generation stamping and the tree card uses the second.
The panel on this card uses the second generation stamping of the pine panel.
Here is another card using the diamond background and a floral stamp designed by Jane Gill.
The background panel on this card has been created using a leafy stamp which has been heat embossed onto a piece of brown card stock and then highlighted with Gilding Wax.
This card uses another second generation diamond panel.
As you can see I rather like this stamp, in fact I am sure I must have a few more stamped images in my bits box.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a good evening.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. This card is so lovely. I really like this water spritzing look...especially the subsequent stamping look.

    Your card must have been loved by your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are all very different and all are well done. I love those embossed leaves on the 4th card, and I like the leafy stamp with the diamonds. You have a wonderful composition sense.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx