Followers

Monday 2 June 2014

It's Never a Mistake

It's always an opportunity. At least that's what Julie Hickey always taught me, so when one of my ideas for Saturday's brayering class didn't go quite to plan, I just changed it to sponging instead. Waste not want not as the saying goes lol.
The butterfly panel was supposed to have shown off using ink brayered onto an Embossing Folder.
Unfortunately the ink pad that I chose was a little too dry and so there was hardly any ink transferred. The panel was too nice to throw away though so I decided to sponge the colour onto it instead.
I painted over the butterflies with a Versamark pen and embossed them with clear embossing powder after I had removed some of the colour with thin undiluted bleach.
I used the same folder to emboss the background card, and added a little sponged ink to it to highlight the embossed butterflies.
I also finished the card using the Glycerin panel, as promised.
The background card onto which the flower panel has been stamped and embossed, was created by rolling an inked brayer over a piece of screwed up copy paper before rolling it across glossy card stock.
I coloured the flowers using Spectrum Noir pens, and then added a sparkly dome to each center.
Isn't it typical that the weather has changed as soon as the kids are due back to school.
Megan has a week full of exams to look forward to so I suspect some stroppy teenage behaviour will be on the horizon. She has been a good girl and has done plenty of revision so I'm hoping that all will go well for her. She has chosen her options for next year so these exams will determine whether she gets the subjects she wants or not.
Oh dear look at the time I really must get some sleep.
Hugs Kimx

4 comments:

  1. Hello Kim,
    They are both stunning.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely samples Kim and a great class too. Really enjoyed it. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Kim, love them both but the butterflies especially.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Kim, both so bright and colourful.. love the butterflies:)
    Hugs,
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx