Followers

Friday 30 May 2014

To Brighten Your Day.

Evening Everyone,
Where did that week go to?
I seem to have spent most of it sitting on my bum, so I suppose that I shouldn't complain, although I haven't noticed that it has had much effect on my swollen ankle. I just have a larger bum from all the inactivity lol.
I have a class at Davina's tomorrow, but unfortunately one of the ladies will be missing as she is not feeling very well. I sent her this card in the hopes that it might brighten her day. 
The central panel was created from a piece from my bits box. The floral image has been inked using Pigment inks and embossed with clear powder. The flower was stamped again to the side of the first image without re-inking. This is called  Embossed Resist. (The embossed image RESISTS the ink from further stamping)
I chopped up the panel and then reassembled it to look like a brick wall.
This was a technique that I got from the Technique Time Tuesday blog where they called it Faux Tiles.
Sadly the challenge blog is now closed but there are some fabulous tutorials still there for you to be inspired by.
Better get my instructions written for tomorrows class, and this time I had better not leave them in the printer instead of taking them with me lol.
hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely Kim, the flowers look so delicate. Guaranteed to cheer her up xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx