Followers

Saturday 19 April 2014

Playing with my Creative Palette

Evening Everyone,
Are you having a good weekend?
I have been having way too much fun playing with my Creative Palette and inks after some advice from the lovely Jane Gill.
I haven't been very successful with acrylic paint on it, but inks seem to work fine although the effects I have been getting are very different from those backgrounds I've pulled from my Gelli plate.
I used some Colorbox Chalk re-inkers to create the background and Hair Styling Gel as my extender. Jane had said that she used hand sanitising gel but this was the nearest that I could find at work.
I used several new Stampendous stamps in the background along with co-ordinating Distress inks.
I decided not to try and colour in the floral images that I stamped and embossed onto my paper so that the background would remain the focus.
The sentiment was added on a piece of torn vellum.
My resolve to use up all of my scraps is failing me at the moment as my pile of hand made background papers is getting bigger and bigger lol.
Better get some sleep before I start another play session.
Night night.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful creation love the text on the vellum strip and the background is yummy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx