Followers

Thursday 3 January 2013

Use Paint for a Christmas Card Challenge

Evening Everyone,
Well Christmas may be over for another year, but someone needs to tell the radio operator for our store, he keeps sneaking in the occasional Christmas classic.
Just as well I've been a good girl then and made my first Christmas card for 2013.
At Christmas Card challenges this week they are asking you to use paint.
Now it may not be immediately obvious to you, but I have used Pearl Acrylic Paint to create my favourite Mother of Pearl background.
 I love this technique, which I found HERE. I have used a Penny Black stamp Christmas View which I got when I was at SirStampalot in November.
I have used Distress Inks to colour the background and the main image. I did a little decoupage and added some Stardust Glitter Glue and some tiny gems.
The other background papers are all from my stash and include Bo Bunny, October Afternoon and Bazzil.
As you can see I even got carried away and decorated the envelope. I wonder how long that little extra will last lol.
The card started out using one of the sketches over at Sunday Sketch and Stamp but I got a little carried away so I will have to have another try, maybe tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx

6 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card, love the blues you have used
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful Kim, gorgeous colours.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shimmer, and gorgeous colours (turquoise is my current obsession!)...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful, I love the background you created and the colors you used are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours Kim, totally gorgeous card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and wonderful card, love the colors and designs. Thanks for sharing :)
    Great card!

    Merry Christmas,
    Barbara xxx
    Christmas messages

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx