Followers

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Another card for Our Creative Corner

Evening Everyone
Thought that I had better share early tonight. Everything seems to be taking so much effort today with this cold, that I can see me being in bed before the Grandchildren lol.
Now as you know one of my favourite challenges is over at Our Creative Corner. This week they are looking for Woody with a Button.
Create a project or card using woodgrain. You may use a technique to simulate woodgrain or use designer paper, or an actual piece of wood! The woodgrain needs to be seen. You also have to use at least one button.
This is the card that I made to fit the challenge. 
The central panel was left over from a previous card ( see A Sketch challenge at Inkspirational for instructions).
I rounded the corners and then added it to my card following the sketch over at Sketch Saturday.
The blue panels on the card have been dry embossed using a Woodgrain Embossing Folder from Craft Concepts.
The woodgrain background paper is from my stash, as is the brown cardstock which by happy coincidence has a woodgrain effect on it which was enhanced with a liitle Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
The stamps are from the new Woodware catalogue, and will be available very soon or so I am reliably informed.
I punched some leaves from the leftover pieces using an assortment of punches.
The 'button' is a diecut one which I have coloured and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
I would also like to enter this into the challenge at Allsorts where they are looking for a Masculine theme.
I think I will get to bed now, well maybe after a little dinner, although I'm not sure how bothered I am by that.
hugs Kimx

4 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card Kim, lovely textures and details. Hope you feel much better soon. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work and thanks for joining in with my challenge this week over at Allsorts
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card love the feeling of texture too, Thanks for joining us on the Allsorts challenge this week, hugs Samantha x

    ps great to see you Kim I was one of the ladies from the woodware workshop in Yorkshire last year.... haha you maybe remember me I was the one that did not like the squeaking noise from the magic foams haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the colours & details. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx