Followers

Wednesday 2 January 2013

A Time for New Beginnings

Hi All
Are you back at work yet?
I have seen lots of Mum's today looking forward to next week. I know that you shouldn't wish away the weeks but the Christmas holiday always seems to be so much more stressful than the other school holidays. I'm sure that is due to all that sugar that there is lying around. The diet definitely needs to start real soon, but there are all of those lovely sweeties to finish off lol.
As well as Christmas cards I had several baby cards to make in December.
This card was made for a friends daughter on the birth of her first baby. Once again I reached for my Lili of the Valley pre-coloured images cut out using Nestabilities Labels 18.
The background papers are from my stash cut into squares. I added faux stitching to them using a fine black pen and then mounted them onto a square white card.
I added stamped greetings and several baby related items that were in a large bag of buttons I bought some years ago.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges where I think that a card for a new baby fits perfectly.
Lili's Little Fairies challenge - Something New
Winter Wonderland challenge - New beginnings
I think I have worked through my need for a granny nap, besides the Grandchildren are badgering me to use the computer so I think I might do a little crafting, oh the hardship :O)
Have a great evening.
hugs Kimx

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Kim! This is just so sweet! I adore all of the beautiful colors and stamping! This is just amazing! I hope you join us this week at Inkspirational for our color challenge and this month at Technique Tuesday for our 3D Pop-Up Card challenge! We've got prizes and giveaways!!! HUGS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Kim, I love the layout.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely card Kim...I love all the button embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
    Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card, Kim! I love the pastel colour combo. Thank you for joining Winter Wonderland this week, Miria x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how adorable... love the grid layout - something gorgeous in every box, and the central image is too cute!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is too sweet! Love the patchwork background; so perfectly chosen for this baby card!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Lili's Little Fairies this fortnight!
    HUgs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet Kim, the grid works really well and the colours are fab :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx