Followers

Saturday 21 May 2011

My take on Tuscany

Evening Everyone
I Hope you are all having a good weekend. I had a couple of great classes at Lavender Lane today. The ladies all seemed to enjoy themselves and came up with some wonderful creations based on the techniques that I was teaching them. I keep meaning to take some photos so that I can share their work with you - maybe next time.
My day has ended less well however. It was while I was putting everything away so that I could get on with some more samples for Jenny that I realized that all of the cards that I had made for her so far had been made using the wrong stamp set AAAAAAARGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!
Time for a break me thinks :(
The class this afternoon was 'Men's cards'. I borrowed a box of samples from Jenny and her design team and the ladies had the opportunity to recreated any of them that they chose.
Scene it cards are a little outside my comfort zone I have to admit. Jenny or Anna have such a wonderful eye for creating fabulous landscapes while I struggle. I tend to see the stamps as individual designs and so I use them in a totally different way. I suppose this is what its all about really isn't it. There seems to me to be little point in me coming up with exactly the same thing as Jenny so I try to do something just a little bit different.
This card using the fab Tuscany set and is probably about as near to a 'Jenny card' as I get lol. Of course I had to put my spin on it so there is a nestie of course and some padded trees.
I think I will call it a night now and hope that I can start a fresh after a good nights sleep.
Nite nite
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I haven't got this set - I love these scene its! And I think you have done an absolutely fab job here. Love those padded trees especially. May have to try those.
    Jack xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx