Followers

Monday 11 March 2019

Green for CCM - 11th March

Afternoon Everyone,
I'm sorry that I have been absent again, but it has been a rather hectic couple of weeks.
I should qualify for shares in British Rail given the number of times that I have been backwards and forwards to Kent. My daughters baby has been very slow to appear and Mum is very fed up and uncomfortable.
We are still waiting, although at the time of this scheduled post we should be at the hospital for an induced labour so hopefully I will have to make an addendum some time later today lol.
STOP PRESS - Jack Adam Reygate Tickle arrived at 18.25 on 11th March 2019 weighing 8lb 6oz.
How very appropriate then that I should chose this card for the latest challenge over at CCM. Our lovely host Marlene is asking for you to Make it Green, and I think that this fits the bill rather nicely.
I was asked to make it to celebrate a pregnancy, and since it is rather early in the whole proceedings, I decided to play it safe and go with green as a very gender neutral colour.
The central image has been die cut from a fabulous old calender that I had in my stash. It came free with a cardmaking magazine, many years ago, and it is full of wonderful Penny Black images designed by a lady called Sherri? I can't remember her surname and I'm not at home to look at the rest of the calender to find out. Sorry.
I used several of my stitched circular dies and matched the image to papers and ribbon from my stash.
The sentiments are from Altenew which I love.
I hope that you can find the time to join in with our challenge, and that I have news of our newest addition later on today.
In the mean time, Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kim, gorgeous image. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the image which is so well set off by the green spotty paper. Hope the baby makes an appearance soon.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card! I love it to bits. Hope you all get a bit of rest now though I doubt it Lol! Big hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet card Kim! I love the image .. so adorable!! Have a fabulous week!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Kim.I love the adorable image and the green paper and ribbon are wonderful. Have a great week!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx