Followers

Monday 9 January 2017

A Christmas Holly Branch

Evening Everyone,
That's Monday over. I can't believe how far away Christmas seems now.
All the decorations are safely packed away for another year, and the fabric Advent calenders have been stashed at the back of the wardrobe in the hopes that I will remember to put bigger buttons on them.
I say that every year, and every year they get put up and the daily gifts that hang on them fall to the floor at the slightest touch. Maybe this will be the year I remember.............don't hold your breathe lol.
Now I haven't managed to make any Christmas cards so far this year, but as we are only nine days in to it I think I might forgive myself. Besides I still have loads to share with you from last year.

These have all been made using a fabulous Holly Embossing folder which I have a sneeky feeling might have been discontinued.
I can't remember exactly what I did, but I know it involved dye based inks and a Christmas script background stamp.
This one has been created in a similar manner only using the embossed rather than the debossed side of the panel.
I love the colours on this one, I think it might actually be my favourite one of the three.
 I used the same script background, but there was embossing powder involved this time.
This time I have used a piece of text background paper and wiped a brown distress ink pad over the embossed holly branch.
I added a stamped sentiment to each of the cards as well as some Card Candi.
I think I might have to play around with this technique again. Maybe a bit of playtime will jog my memory as to how I created the panels in the first place.
Have a good evening.........what's left of it :O)
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx