Followers

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Wooden it be Loverly

Hi All
Sorry this post is a lot later than it should be, this week seems to have got away from me already.
I have got to work at the weekend (big favour to my Boss, but then he has let me have time off to go to hospital appointments with both my Mum and youngest daughter so I suppose that I shouldn't really complain) but it means that today is technically Friday for me since I have the next couple of days off, all very confusing.
This week we have a new challenge starting at Crafty Cardmakers and More
Suze has chosen 'Wooden it be Loverly' and would like to see something wood related in your project (the use of paper alone doesn't count,) So perhaps a wooden embellishment, or wood effect embossed pattern, images of trees, a wooden fence etc.

I chose to use the fabulous Stampendous 'Poem Tree' and a piece of acetate that has been coloured using Alcohol inks.
The leaves have been stamped onto the coloured acetate using Archival ink which has then been wiped away using paper towel before the ink has had the chance to dry. 
Unfortunately as with any acetate project it is very difficult to photograph. I tried both indoors and out without much success, so I apologise for the poor quality. 
I used a leafy embossing folder for the background and also added a couple of wooden buttons.
Our sponsor for this challenge is Crafty Sentiments Designs with 3 designs of the Winners choice.
Please don't forget to stop by and show the DT some love, and why not enter, there is plenty of time.
Have a great weekend lol.
hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous inky panel Kim, a super card. Thanks for joining in my challenge. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx