Followers

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Long Time No See

Hi All
Long time no see. I'm sorry that I have been AWOL for so long.
As you know I have been having laptop issues, and so I decided that it was probably time to bite the bullet and invest in a new one before my old one died completely.
BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!
I am not very computer savvy, truth be told I'm rather scared of them. What I do want to do is to be able to switch them on and work on them without having to have a degree in computer sciences. But this is obviously where I go wrong.
My new laptop has Windows 8, totally different to my old one. I HATE IT.
No instruction manual with it, just quick start instructions of plug it in and switch it on, really useful!!!
My lovely friend Joe even put Windows 8 for Dummies into a file on it for me, but I need to know how to find the file to be able to read it.When I did finally manage it is like War and Peace.
All this while trying to finish all of my samples for the new Woodware catalogue, so no time to just play, instead tears and no blogging.
In my ignorance I expected a new laptop to be quicker and easier to operate, not slower and only connectible to the Internet if you are sitting right on top of the Hub.
Any how, that is why I have been absent. Thank you to those of you who noticed. I hope that things may start to get back to normal, and for the moment I am still using my old laptop, lets hope that it lives on for ever. :O)
Hugs Kimx



2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your laptop issues, and I've missed you! If it is slower, I suggest you take it back to the retailer as it "isn't fit for purpose", although you might want to google what the issues are first (on your old laptop) and see if anyone has any suggestions or the same problems. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Welcome back, Kim!
    Liz M xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx