Followers

Friday 2 May 2014

There is a new Kid on the Block

Hi All,
What ever possessed me to suggest that setting up a blog for Sylvie would be easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well it was when I did it a couple of years ago for Julia at Simply Stamps, at least it was then, this time not so much.
I ended up phoning Lin the Twisted Witch who bravely sorted out two old technophobes and a new blogger is born lol. Of course she will now be forever known as Sylvia London, not King, unless someone can enlighten us as to how to change something once a blog has been set up.
Poor Lin, who has never even met Sylvie, just assumed that London was her surname as we were calling her blog Granny London. In fact it it what her Grandchildren in Yorkshire call her to differentiate between the other 3 Grannies. Never mind, it could be so much worse I'm sure.
Anyway, back to my post for today.
Not only was yesterday my eldest Granddaughters 14th birthday, it would also have been my parents 64th Wedding Anniversary.
Yes, Megan was born on their Golden Wedding Anniversary, and actually attended her first party at the tender age of 8 hours old!!!!!!!!!!
This is the card that I sent to my lovely Mum, just to let her know that we hadn't forgotten her special day, even though Dad is no longer with us.
The central panel has been made using a piece of scrap left over from one of my play sessions with my Creative Palette.
I added some background stamps and distress inks and cut it out using my circular Grand Nestie.
The central image has been stamped and embossed onto the panel using black versafine and clear embossing powder.
Amazingly I found some co-ordinating die cut shapes in my bits box to which I added some more stamping.
I actually have a whole box of die cut bits and pieces which are usually never the right thing, so it was pretty great to find that I could actually use something up for a change.
I would like to enter this into the 'Loving those Leftovers' challenge at Our Creative Corner where they are looking for projects using mainly leftovers.
I wish I could say that it had made a dent in my leftover box, but that would be very far from true.
Don't forget to stop by Granny London and say Hi to Sylvie. I have promised to stop by and try and sort out a followers button for her next week, unless Lin gets to her by e-mail first that is lol.
Hugs Kimx

5 comments:

  1. I brt your Mum was so touched that you sent her this lovely card. The stamped image is so pretty. These silhouette images are all the rage at the mo. "I just love the look of them!

    Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, sorry I've not visited for a while, family stuff.
    You never disappoint, your card ideas are fantastic and this is gorgeous.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card and and I'm impressed that you have such lovely leftovers Kim! Great idea to silhouette stamp over the central panel. I bet your mum was thrilled with it. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stunning, like Jenny said, a real beauty! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge over at Our Creative Corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Our Creative Corner! Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx