Followers

Monday 5 May 2014

Mad as Hatters with Woodware

Good Morning,
And a very early one it is too , if  Blogger has done it's job properly and posted this on time.
This is my first post for Woodware this month as I am filling in for the lovely Siobhan so that she can have a well earned rest.
The challenge this week has been set by Gwen at The Stamp Pad who has suggested 'Mad Hatters'.

These are the links to all things Stamp Pad.
 
Now I have to say that I had absolutely no idea of what to do for this, so I thumbed through my catalogues to see if there was anything there to inspire me and came across this fun stamp from Stampendous Knit Gift.
There seems to have been a bit of a baby boom amongst my colleagues at work and this just screamed out to be made into a new baby card, so I killed two birds with one stone, so to speak!!
Unlike Dorothy and Jane I am not good at step by step given that I have no idea what I am doing till I start to play, and then it just goes where it will, so I took a photo of some of the products that I used in the making of the card instead.
The image was stamped onto Watercolour card using a Black Versafine ink pad and then coloured using Dye based inks and a waterbrush.
The background papers are from Woodware and I used my Magic stamp on the smaller panel having heated it and stamped it onto an old jumper of mine.
The button are also available from Woodware and I have tied them with some Bakers Twine.
The sentiment is from a Woodware stamp set Huge Baby and I also added some Stardust Pen and some Glossy Accents.
I hope that you will join us this week and see what the rest of the team come up with for this fab challenge.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. What absolutely adorable House-Mouse creation. Love the colors, coloring, image and special little touches of the buttons too. You can also enter this card over at our House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge Blog (we have alternate option theme of anything goes). :) House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable card, Kim! Love your idea of adding the jumper texture to the bottom, just brilliant! Thanks so much for entering it in the Stampendous Challenge for May!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx