Followers

Sunday 4 May 2014

Feel Better Soon

Hi All
I hope that you are enjoying your Sunday.
We have had a house full of teenage girls as my Granddaughter had her sleepover. It has actually been a lot quieter than I thought it would be. Is that good news???
My card today was made for my Mum's best friend Liz.
They regularly go on OAP coach holidays together, although unfortunately their last little jaunt did not go quite as planned.
Liz slipped on the marble flooring as she got out of the coach on the first day and ended up with a broken wrist and terrible bruising which meant that she spent most of the holiday in the hospital or her hotel room with my lovely Mum looking after her.
They had to get a private ambulance to bring them home at the end of the week and unfortunately she has been back in hospital since.
So I sent her this in the hopes that it would cheer her up.
The stamped and embossed image from Imagination has been coloured with dye based inks using the 'Wet Watercolour' technique.
I padded the panel with silicon and mounted it onto a card over background papers from my stash.
The sentiment is from Lili of the Valley.
It looks like all of the girls have been picked up now so the house can get back to normal, if there is such a thing lol.
Hugs Kimx

4 comments:

  1. Kim - I LOVE this card! But what is the "wet watercolour" technique?
    many thanks, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz, hope this helps.
    Stamp and emboss your image onto watercolour card and then brush over the entire image with plenty of clean water. Now 'drop' dye based ink onto the card. As it is so wet the colours will spread across the image. You can be fairly specific with colour placement if you want or just random. Heat dry the card if like me you are impatient, and then you can paint extra colour into specific parts of the image if you want. This is the point at which I wish I had left things alone lol.
    Hope this helps.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant - thanks, Kim! I shall have a go at this just as soon as I get my craft room sorted - a seemingly endless task; I really mustn't ever buy any more stamps :-( Talk about a STABLE - stash above & beyond life expectancy.....at this rate, I need to live to 130 so I have time to use every stamp just once!!

    ttfn, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only 130, I need to be immortal I think :O) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx