Followers

Thursday 21 January 2021

A Few More Peel-Offs

Afternoon All,

A couple of days ago I shared a card that I made using some peel-off waste, so here are a few more that I found in my stash.

This first card uses a copper coloured peel-off on a piece of hand stamped leafy background. 
I find the easiest way to add a larger, more intricate peel-off to a piece of background is to remove it from it's carrier sheet and place it sticky side up on to your craft mat.
It will self level and make it so much easier to use. Leave it on the mat and place your card piece directly on top of it. 
Of course it is not easy to be precise with placement on a card, but it is fine if you are just going to trim the panel and layer it on to a card as I have done here.
I added the mounted and trimmed panel on to a piece of embossed card stock which I highlighted with gilding wax. I added a few peel-off dots and some glossy accents.
These next two cards were made by sticking the floral peel-off onto a scrap of inky background.
I usually only make fairly straight forward flat(ish) cards, but here I added my panel to the left hand side of a gatefold card.
I embellished the card and panels with peel-off borders.
These last two cards use peel-offs as masks.
I used some smaller peel-off designs (flowers and leaves) randomly on my card base and then gently added some decorators chalks using a cotton wool ball. Remove the peel-offs and you have a fabulous background to a card.
I finished them both off with a bit of extra stamping, and an embossed sentiment.
So you see peel-offs are really very useful things and much maligned and under valued. I will really have to try and use them a little more often.
Hope that you have a good afternoon, and maybe manage something crafty.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx
 

1 comment:

  1. Loving the cards Kim, using up some of those peel-offs is a great idea. Might just have to get some out (and boy have I still got lots) and use them. Happy creative weekend. Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx