Followers

Tuesday 1 December 2020

Another Christmas Treasure

Afternoon All,

Wow, it's bloody cold today, definitely thermal underwear weather. What a start to December. One lovely customer even told me that we are in for snow at the weekend. You can keep that thankyou.

We found another treasure when sorting through boxes at the weekend. A salt dough Advent Calendar that my Mum made for Adam about 30 years ago.

Unfortunately it hadn't faired very well in our loft, as most of the pieces had 'blown', but I did manage to salvage a few of the ornaments.
I am going to try and coat them with a sealant as Becki wants to hang them on her tree this year, and then I will pack them away in my treasure box.
The idea behind the tree was that every day in December we hung a decoration on it for Adam to look at instead of opening the more traditional chocolate Advent calendar which he couldn't eat.
Mum actually made several of these over the years for various people.  I would be curious to know if theirs have survived any better.
There was definitely a Christmas feel to my walk to the station on Sunday night.
This house always has a lovely display, but this year they went all out.
We saw them installing the lights with a cherry picker in the afternoon, so I promised the kids that I would take some pictures on my way home and send them to them.
They may not be the best pictures in  the world, but I can imagine that they lit up the little ones faces when they saw them.
Off to find my Granny blanket. I think I am going to need it tonight when I finish the wedding card that I started yesterday.
Thanks for stopping by, and happy December.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx