Followers

Wednesday 23 September 2020

A Focal Sentiment for Gill

 Evening,

It's Wednesday, and my friend Gill has suggested a Sentiment as the focal point on your card for her 'Way to Go Wednesday' over at Christmas Cards and Papercraft Challenge on Facebook.

My card was made for Creative Expressions using Jane's Quirky Typewriter Alphabets. 
I used a piece of background that I made using Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour Inks and clingfilm.
I dropped several colours of ink onto a piece of wet watercolour paper and then added a piece of scrunched up clingfilm over the top. 
Some of the inks are pearlescent and it is the mica in them that sits in the creases in the clingfilm.
I'm afraid that this technique requires patience, something I know us crafters are not renowned for possessing. If you remove the cling film before the panel has completely dried you don't get this beautiful frosted glass effect.
The beauty of an alphabet stamp set is that you can write your own message. I tend to be a bit traditional and safe with my greetings, but it will be great to be able to personalize a card, especially for those people that I know with non traditional names or spellings like my daughters Jenni and Becki.
Why not join in and see if you can create a card with a greeting as the focal point.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs
Kimx
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx