Followers

Saturday 4 July 2020

Set Back Stamping

Evening Everyone,
I hope that you have had a good Saturday.
I know the weather wasn't particularly brilliant this morning but that didn't seem to stop people last week, so I can only assume that people were either in the pub or the hairdressers today as the park was practically deserted when we went for our walk lol.
People have shown great ingenuity though as last night we saw a young man having a haircut while sitting outside on one of the pieces of gym equipment in the park. Neither thing allowed on Friday, but you can't fault them for creative thinking.
One of the classes that we did in the last few weeks before lockdown spoilt everything, came from an idea that I found on Jennifer McGuire's blog.
She called it Set Back Stamping, and it is a great way to use some of those stamps that I own which have co-ordinating dies.
Where this wonderful lady gets all her ideas from is beyond me, but she is a great source of material for classes so I am very grateful to her.
As well as the 'set back' idea I used the same stamp and die set for this flatter card.
 I rather like the shadow that it created around one side of the poppies.
This lovely leafy Altenew stamp gave me a 'Twofer'.
Check our Jennifer's blog post for step by step instructions, she does it so much better that I ever could, besides which she also does videos which are always very useful to watch.
This is the card that I made with the left over stamped image.
This card used a strip of green card that I had in my stash, so I decided to use the whole strip on the one card,
raising the central portion instead of the outside pieces.
I kept the colouring very simple, just using a little thin undiluted bleach to colour the image on the green cardstock.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great Sunday.
Stay safe and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx