Followers

Thursday 18 June 2020

Falling Leaves

Afternoon All,
How sad to hear that Dame Vera Lynn has died aged 103, but what an incredibly long life.
I wouldn't mind living that long if I had all my faculties, and were still able to see all my family.
My Mum, at 90, is certainly struggling with not seeing all her Great Grandchildren, not that she would admit it mind you. The generation of the stiff upper lip her worries are for the younger generation. Typical Mum, bless her.
We have visited a couple of times to talk to her through the window, and more recently with her inside the house, and us in the garden, but it just isn't the same when she can't sit the little ones on her knee and read stories with them.
It would definitely not have been the time for a similar type of visit today given that it has poured with rain for most of the morning.
Whilst doing some housekeeping on my photos recently, I came across this card that I made for family on the death of a very dear friend, so I thought it an appropriate card to post today.
It is made using a fabulous old stamp from Imagination Crafts and a piece of handmade background paper. Although I have added a 'Thinking of You' sentiment, I think it could just as easily be used as a birthday card.
The stamp set comes with the main square image along with a couple of extras that coordinate with it, in this case some matching leaves.
I stamped, embossed and fussy cut them and added them to the corners as a pile of falling leaves.
I also used them to stamp around the edge of the dotty background paper.
But for the sentiment, I think that this would fit rather well in to our latest masculine challenge over at CCM.
Thank you for stopping by. I hope that you have a great evening and manage to dodge the downpours.
Stay Safe, Happy Crafting and hugs.
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx