Followers

Monday 29 June 2020

Create Your Own Background for CCM

Evening Everyone,
We have a new challenge starting today over at CCM and it is the last one before our summer break.
Jackie is our host and she is looking for you to 'Create Your Own Backgrounds'
Now I have to say that this challenge is right up my street. I LOVE making them. This one uses an old multilayering resist technique.
I remember demonstrating this technique at my very first show in London.
I was on a stand for Crafts Beautiful magazine in which I had had an article published that particular month.
As it was the October edition I went for something with an autumnal feel. I do remember that they weren't keen on the black card base that I had chosen for the cards. They liked white, but the panels didn't look as good on it so I was a bit of a rebel and stood my ground.
I remember being incredibly nervous when the doors opened, but thoroughly enjoying the experience. There was such a buzz and loads of friendly people all eager to learn.
For my cards today I have used an Andy Skinner stamp and some Airless Mister sprays.
For my colour combo first stamp onto a piece of glossy card using a Versamark or Perfect Medium inkpad.
Next spray the card with Amber Lights Airless Mister. I usually use dye based ink pads for this technique, so I thought that I would give it a go with some ink sprays for a change.
They certainly make it easy to coat your card in colour. Once the ink has dried stamp again using your stamp and inkpad and then spray with colour.
Try and stamp into the spaces between the designs as well as overlapping parts of the image. This layer was a combination of Flirty Pink and Cherry Pop.
Continue with this layering process using a darker colour each time. Here I used a combination of Maya Blue, Blackberry Bliss and Night Reflection.
Provided that you continue to overlap your stamped images each different layer of colour will show through.
I trimmed my panel down and used one of the fabulous paper cut dies over it.
I cut the die in black and white to create a slight shadow.
On this panel I have stamped and embossed a final layer of images over the background using Versamark/Perfect Medium and clear embossing powder.
The sentiments are from a favourite Jane Gill stamp set.
On the first card I used the left over panel and die cut the Sue Wilson Love from the center of it. I then die cut it again from white funky foam which I placed in to the negative space in the panel and added the card layer over the top. This raises it above the main panel for added dimension.
A final touch was to cover it in Glossy Accents and add a stacked card frame in white.
I hope that you will find some time to join in with our latest challenge. I look forward to see all your crafty makes.
Have a great evening.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Wow, totally impressed, this is one awesome card!Thanks for sharing the 'how to's. Have a great week.
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique and loving the card too. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards as always, Kim. I am in awe of your talent... I really like the eclipse effect and yet I never do it! You'd think being on lockdown I'd have had more time but no - I've been less productive than ever!

    Stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx