Followers

Sunday 16 February 2020

Star of Wonder

Evening everyone,
There seem to be definite advantages to living on a bit of a hill after all the rain that we have had again today.
My poor Mum's garden is still under water, in fact she joked this morning about starting work on her very own ark. Thankfully she has retained her sense of humour :O)
I don't have any water based cards that I can think of, so here are a few Christmas cards instead. Let's hope we don't get any snow or my Mum's lake will become her very own ice rink lol.
This year we have decided to devote one class every couple of months to finishing things off from our Christmas Bits Box.
I'm sure that we all have at least one of those, I know I do, although I did manage to filter out a few bits which became useful for the rest of the ladies in class.
You know the saying, 'One man's rubbish is another man's treasure', or words to that effect anyway.
All of these cards were made with panels that I created MANY years ago during one of my numerous demos for Janice and Andy at SirStampalot.
The demo involved  dye based ink pads, white embossing powder and a lovely stamp which if memory serves was from an Australian stamp company called Stamp It.
I also used the same technique on the edge of several of the cards,
 using a variety of background stamps.
The dye based ink, once it has been blended over the white embossed image, stays wet long enough to accept clear embossing powder giving a lovely shiny panel.
I do love this technique. In fact perhaps I should add it to the class list as we haven't done it for quite a while.
Hope you have had a good weekend despite the dreadful weather, and that it clears up a bit next week. I don't think that my Mum's garden can stand many more inches of rain before she will be paddling indoors, and I certainly don't want that.
Happy Crafting and Hugs,
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Very sensible idea to make some early Christmas cards, I'm trying to get my stamp buddies interested but so far they seem to think I'm mad but I shall work on them Lol! Have a happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx