Followers

Monday 24 February 2020

Embossing Challenge at CCM

Evening Everyone,
We have a new challenge over at CCM where our lovely host Josephine is looking for all things Embossing, be that heat embossing using a stamp or dry embossing using a tool or folder.
For my card I used some lovely die cut trees one of which I covered in several layers of embossing and mica powders.
While it was still hot, I stamped into it using a gold ink pad. Provided you leave the stamp in place until the molten powder has cooled down, the inked stamp will come away cleanly leaving a deep impression.
The background is a piece of black cardstock embossed using a Christmas themed embossing folder and then highlighted with Gilding Wax.
The central panel on this card uses the same heat embossing technique on a shaped piece of card.
The panel on this last card uses the same technique only this time I stamped into a pile of molton embossing powder on my craft sheet using gold ink.
Because there is no card stock underneath, the shape of the resulting panel is very irregular but forms a nice spotlight over the stamped image.
I do hope that you will find the time to join us, and that you will check out what my lovely teamies have come up with to inspire you.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

4 comments:

  1. I am so loving these cards and the techniques. Wishing you a lovely creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so gorgeous Kim! The embossing effects you achieved on each of these is fabulous and I love your colour choices. Think the Christmas card might be my fave. Beautiful work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation and quite unique, love your embossing. Have a great day!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful project Kim. Love the trees. Have a creative week Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx