Followers

Saturday 11 January 2020

Pink Cow Parsley

Evening All,
I always find that I have a favourite when working with Jane's fabulous new stamp designs. A stamp that it is very easy for me to make samples with.
When Jane sends me the sets and kindly lets me have first choice over which ones I make my samples with, she has a bet on which ones I will choose...…………..and she is usually right.
I do try and reassure her that it is not that I don't like the other designs, it is just that with such a very tight turnaround I always go for the ones that I know I have an idea for, so that I don't have to think too hard.
This is one such stamp set. JGS684 Cow Parsley
This is actually the card that I sent to Creative Expressions for the catalogue.
Just simple stamping and embossing over a piece of alcohol ink mop up background.
As you will be able to see from the numerous samples, I certainly didn't have a problem playing with it.
This card was made using the 'Bump and Smudge' technique that is very much a favourite of mine just at the moment.
 It led to several pieces that were all very similar in colour,
 but that were mounted up rather differently.
 This card uses a piece of blended background using Distress Inks.
 I actually used black embossing powder on this one,
and this one, which is rather unusual for me. I much prefer black ink and clear powder, but it just didn't 'POP' as much as I wanted, so I reached for the black powder as well.
I don't have dies to go with Jane's sentiment stamps (she hasn't made any yet) so I just did a bit of fussy cutting.
This final card is also made using 'Bump and Smudge'. I did tell you that I liked it lol.
By happy coincidence Jane was on the TV while I was in Peterboro so we were able to meet up for a few minutes so that I could lend her these cards for her show. think she might be on again in February with her latest release, so I will have to get things in the post to her this time.
Better get some shut eye now.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. what is the 'Bump and Smudge' technique? LOVE your cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie, I'm so glad that you like the cards. Here is a link to where I found the original idea for the Bump and Smudge technique.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5vQZKQu38Q&t=7s
      Hope it helps.
      Hugs Kimx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx