Followers

Thursday 9 January 2020

I LOVE Alcohol Inks

Afternoon All,
All this enforced sitting down has certainly been to the benefit of blogland, I can't remember the last time I posted so many days in a row.
As I told you yesterday one of the highlights of 2019 for me was my reaquaintance with all things alcohol ink.
I have always loved the effects that you can achieve on acetate, but using the Alcohol Lift Inkpad to 'pull' an image from it gives such a lovely clean print. Check out the technique HERE with Jennifer McGuire.
There is also a reinker which means that you can remove the colour from a piece of alcohol ink background using a stencil. Another link HERE
Again a lovely crisp image and you don't contaminate your inkpad.
Now I can't bare to waste anything, so I used the ink that I had pulled from the original piece
through another stencil for the backgrounds
to these last two cards.
I simply stamped and embossed over the top of this one, and then added a sentiment.
Another stencilled background using the same technique.
This time I used a Tim Holtz Alcohol ink pen to remove colour from one piece of background and then painted the stamped and embossed image on this piece. Another tutorial HERE
Sometimes the inks just blend together into a some what 'muddy' colour.
But you know me, I just couldn't waste it. A bit of gold embossing powder and a die cut sentiment. Makes a good card for a man I think.
Have a great afternoon. I need a walk to the kettle.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx