Followers

Tuesday 31 December 2019

Twas the Night Before New Year

Evening Everyone
Oh dear, where did Christmas week disappear to??
To be honest I was working, so it rather felt much like any other day in the week, but I think that's what happens as you get older, it doesn't seem to have quite the same magic.
We always have less staff on Christmas morning so it was not a good start to the day when we were greeted by the bulk of our chillers going down and only two of us on duty. I had done 10,000 steps by about 11am, rushing backwards and forwards with stacks of food while serving customers in between.
I think that probably contributed to my Christmas afternoon being spent sound asleep on my bed. Oh the joys of getting older and being able to enjoy a granny nap lol.
Today was a little less eventful at work, although a did enjoy a brief lie down afterwards.
New Years Eve is always a rather hard day for me as it is the anniversary of my son's death. I had company to the cemetery today though as it would also have been the 80th birthday of a good friends brother so it's been a hard day for us both.
Christmas crept up on me again this year so I decided against sending out any Christmas cards, as they had more chance of getting there in time for next year than this.
Instead I made several Masterboards using white embossed images
and plenty of Distress Oxide sprays for quickness.
Once cut up they quickly transformed into a stack of cards to wish everyone a very Happy New Year.
I can't see me staying awake long enough to see in the New Year, but then I do have the excuse of another early start at work tomorrow.
So I will wish you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2020.
Thank you for following my rather sporadic blogposts. Let's hope that I can do better in the new year.
With much love and crafty hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx