Followers

Monday 26 August 2019

Christmas Ornaments

Afternoon Everyone, me again!
Another Bank Holiday Monday, unfortunately it's been just like any other Monday for me as I've been working, but I hope that those of you that aren't are enjoying it.
It's incredibly hot given what Bank Holiday weather is usually like, so I thought that as the next one will actually be at Christmas then I would bring the temperature down a bit by sharing a few more Christmas cards with you :O)
They are all made using a very old, but much loved Magenta stamp set.
The backgrounds have been created with a brayer and a Fruitcake Kaleidacolor ink pad. Once again, a very old technique.
In fact, to be perfectly honest I cant for the life of me remember when I actually created the panels. Probably during a demo many years ago, but as you know I'm on a mission to use up some of the millions of bits in my stash.
That's not easy when I teach a class each week, which inevitably creates more bits to use up. Still I'm not complaining. I love my hobby. It keeps me sane, and I hope that The Girls enjoy it. Given that they keep coming back I guess that must be a yes lol.
Some of the brayered panels were just stamped and embossed, while some were spritzed with water or even bleach.
This one had cling film placed over it after the water to create a fabulous frosted effect.
I have always loved the 'Wet Watercolour' look for painting. So easy to achieve, and every piece is different.
This final card uses a different colour inkpad for the background which has then been spritzed with bleach.
I really think that I should revisit this technique with The Girls. Sometimes we are so eager to try new things that we forget some of the old favourites.
I added glossy accents to some of the stamped images for a little added interest. It also intensifies the colour underneath.
I thought that it was about time that I entered a challenge so I would like to join everyone at Winter Wonderland - Christmas Ornaments.
Have a great evening.
Happy Crafting and hugs 
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Hi sweet Kim. I am getting a bit scared at the sight of Christmas cards but still loving them all the same. You're right so many of the older techniques get forgotten and we need to resurrect them. Nice Bank Holiday but no crafting as I've taken my parents away for a few days, I'll probably need a holiday when we get back! Have a lovely week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards!! Thanks so much for participating in our WINTER WONDERLAND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx