Followers

Tuesday 25 June 2019

3D Embossing Folders and lots of cake

Evening,
How was your weekend?
Mine seemed very short since I had to work at the garage on Saturday morning, and then go straight on to teach class. Of course that is always fun and relaxing which made up for it all a little bit.
We perhaps had a little more fun, and cake, than usual as we were continuing with the previous days festivities. Davina had held a coffee day in support of the Alzheimer's Cupcake Day and the South East Cancer Help Centre in Purley so we had a raffle and Tombola to enter, and oh did I mention, plenty of cake.
To get back to class, as I said, we were playing with 3D Embossing Folders which make the most stunning backgrounds
I love using them with just a hint of Gilding Wax which makes all the amazing texture show up.
As you know I have been trying to use up bits and pieces from my stash so I found a couple of panels that I made with alcohol lift ink, 
and one of my all time favourite Penny Black stamps to complete a couple of cards.
I heard from Davina today that she raised £220, which will be split equally between the two charities. There were plenty of tombola prizes left over , despite every odd number being a winner, so those are being donated to a Cervical Cancer fund raising event in a couple of weeks time.
I spent a very enjoyable Sunday finishing off a load of cards using this technique, but I will leave them for another day.
I need to get a few cards ready for the post box tomorrow. I love making cards but I never seem to get them completely finished (envelopes and inserts) in time for the postman to send, and June seems to be a particularly busy month for birthdays and the like.
Have a great evening.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx