Followers

Monday 29 April 2019

The Results of an Inky Afternoon

Evening Everyone,
Did you had a good weekend? I certainly did.
We had a fabulous, if rather inky class on Saturday, inspired by a technique that I found on YouTube.
The lovely Tracy Dutton from Lavinia Stamps has posted several clips using the Gelli Plate, inks and Brushos.
It creates fabulous backgrounds
which can then be used with some of the wonderful stamps that she has designed.
I am always on the look out for new techniques for the Girls to play with, so this was perfect.
They love the Gelli Plate and inks, so it was great to add in some Brushos/Colour Bursts for extra interest and colour combos.
I was disappointed with mine at first, because of course they didn't look like Tracy's, but as I am always telling the Girls,
backgrounds look totally different when they have been stamped on and trimmed down.
I used a combination of trees, foliage and fairies
along with the odd crow
and deer, and ended up extremely pleased with every one of them.
I added the moon mask to all of them which just seems to finish things off perfectly.
I am also a complete convert to the Versafine Clair inkpad for perfect stamped images.
This is often so hard to achieve with a solid image like these beautiful fairies.
I painted some of the stamped images with bleach to remove some of the colour,
and also added some subtle shimmer with a sparkle pen along with the Gelli Roll glaze pen to define the outline of the moon.
I did say that it was a very inky class, as the Girls's hands prove.
My Sunday were spent in the very enjoyable task of turning all my bits of background into the stamped and finished cards that I have shared here. Well some of them anyway. I do try very hard these days to finish off everything that I started in class, otherwise they end up in the bits box which never seems to get any smaller.
I thought that as this was a rather picture heavy post anyway,  I would keep some of the cards for another day. You never know I might even manage to blog two days in a row.
Off to the gym now with my friend. It has been quite a while since we have managed to get there so today is going to be really hard. Never mind you have to start somewhere I guess.
Have a great day.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like you had a great time! Gorgeous makes & really lovely colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are amazing! What a delightful spent afternoon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx