Followers

Monday 4 February 2019

Sending Love

Afternoon All,
Well at least we haven't got snow anymore, although I'm not sure that I'm particularly impressed by the current alternative...…..pouring rain. We're never satisfied are we lol.
Today would have been my Dads 95th birthday.
I always send a card to Mum to let her know that we are thinking of him, and her of course.
We had a fabulous time playing with the Decorating Chalks in class on Saturday. So much so in fact that we have decided to visit Pearlex on another occasion.
I love the soft and subtle colouring that you get with the chalks.
This card uses my absolute favourite stamp at the moment from Penny Black,
and has been made for my Boss to give to his daughter for her birthday next week.
This card shows off the beauty of the Tim Holtz Stamping Platform to perfection.
I stamped the image using the platform and versamark ink and then added the chalks in the usual way using a cotton wool ball.
Place the card back into the platform and stamp again using the versamark inkpad.
Provided that your card is in the same place the image will stamp in exactly the same place. It is a fantastic piece of kit for rectifying those stamping mishaps when you have missed part of the image.
In this case I have coated this second inking with Crystal Embossing powder and heated it to give a wonderful sparkly finish but retaining the soft colouring of the chalks.
I try very hard to prepare a tag for the ladies to add to their ring.
They will point out that I have failed miserably over the last few months, so I am trying to make amends :O)
The idea for the tag ring came from a class that I did several years ago at Sirstampalot. One side is a little bit of inspiration to remind them of what they did, and the other is a basic instruction sheet on the particular technique that we have covered.
I thought that I would share a few more of the samples that I took to class. As you can see this technique is a particular favourite of mine.
















I need an early night tonight as I have to be at work at stupid o'clock tomorrow. 4am to be precise!!!! Still the upside is that I finish at midday so I will have plenty of time to play, if I can keep my eyes open that is.
Have a great evening.
Happy Crafting and Hugs.
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx