Followers

Saturday 2 February 2019

Powdered Pearlex and Chalks for Christmas.

Hi All,
Given the inclement weather that we have had recently I thought that I would share a few more Christmas cards with you.
We are playing with Decorating Chalks and also dry powdered Pearlex in class tomorrow, snow drifts willing of course lol, so here are a few of the samples that I will be taking with me to inspire the ladies.


Pearlex works well on both dark and light coloured card stock, although I think that I actually prefer the effects on dark as it is much more striking.
Stamp with Versamark and then dust the image with a very small amount of Pearlex and a paintbrush. Less is very definitely more as they say.

These first couple of cards, using a very old snowflake image, use Pearlex powders.
I love both the mediums that we will be playing with, although I do particularly associate Pearlex with Christmas because of it's beautiful sparkle.
The panel on this one is created with the Decorating Chalks which is applied to the versamark stamped image using a cotton wool ball.
 
Pearlex powders can also be mixed into a paint with the addition of a little gum arabic and water.

These last few cards use this to paint the central panel on them.
I don't want to confuse everyone with this technique so we will have to play with Watercolour Pearlex on another occasion. That's another class to add to the list.




Several of the backgrounds to the cards have been created using Embossing folders and a hint of Gilding Wax.
It looks like the snow has melted here at least, although who knows what it is like just up the road.
Better get a wiggle on, my lift will be here soon.
Have a great crafty day, and stay warm.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful, the colours are gorgeous.....especially love the first one x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx