Followers

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Back Again with a Birthday.

Evening Everyone
Well I'm back again. New Year, new start maybe.
I expect most of us have made some sort of resolution, and I bet most of us will have failed by about Friday, if not before.
I managed to get my parcel to Creative Expressions in the post this afternoon, so that is one thing that I can cross off my very long list of 'Things to do'.
The trouble with new pieces of equipment is that they eat into your crafting time while you try to find things. I have spent the last couple of hours trying to sync my Fitbit to my new laptop. I've given up so it is still 10.30 on Boxing Day in my little corner of the world lol.
Now give me new bits of crafty equipment and I can soon find things to do with them, and I don't feel like I am wasting my time at all.
My new favourite toy is the Alcohol Lift Inkpad. OMG it is just amazing.
I first played with it back in October in preparation for a class at Sirstampalot in Peterboro.
This card was made for my Boss's daughter using one of the images 'lifted' using said inkpad.
The poppy image is by Penny Black and has become another favourite of mine. Playing with the inkpad, stamp and Alcohol inks has left me with quite a stack of images waiting to be made into cards, so I will have plenty more projects to share with you.
I'm rubbish at step by step photos though so I will direct you to YouTube and the amazing Jennifer McGuire, who has become my new go to place for inspiration.
She has several clips available on the Alcohol Lift inkpad, and best of all she gives you finished cards that she has made with all of the pieces that she creates during her playtime.
Do check it out if you have a moment or three to spare, but be prepared to loose several hours both in watching and playtime.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx