Followers

Thursday 31 January 2019

Add some Texture at CCM

Evening Everyone,
Well that didn't quite go as planned did it. Still we can't be perfect all of the time lol.
I carefully put the photos of my card ready to post, and then haven't found a single moment to write anything, so let's try again shall we?
Monday saw the start of a new challenge over at CraftyCardmakers where my lovely Teamie Jackie is looking for you to Add some Texture.
A very easy way to add texture to any project is by using an embossing folder.
And a little added gilding wax highlights that texture beautifully.
I used it as the background to this card which was made with the latest Woodware stamp release.
I fussy cut the tree and layered it over a panel of 'Bleedin Art Tissue' screwed up and attached to DSST. Adding a little gilding wax brings out all the texture on this panel as well.
A sentiment finishes the whole thing off.
As usual, when I am making samples, I play and see what happens. So here is another card that I made with a few of the leftover bits and pieces.
I added the stamped and embossed tree to a piece of mop up background and coloured it in using the same inks. I also added a sentiment and a strip of leafy embossing.
This stamp set is one of several that Jane will be taking on to the TV at the beginning of February, the 9th to be precise so I had better get a wiggle on in the sample department.
I hope that you can join us at CCM this time. I look forward to seeing your creations.
Have a great afternoon. Stay warm.
Happy crafting and hugs
Kimx  

1 comment:

  1. The gilding wax highlights the background texture beautifully, and the autumnal colours in the background to the tree are lovely.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx