Followers

Sunday 23 September 2018

Virtual Anniversary Wishes


Hello Everyone,
There I was thinking I had got back into some sort of routine, and then the bloody Internet conspires against me again.
Of course it did do me a favour in a way. It saved me from spending a small fortune on beautiful co-ordinating stamps and dies  from Stamps by Me.
I do love Toni Darroch's designs. Fortunately for my bank balance the Four day deal had finished by the time the Internet would let me back on line :O)
A friend recently asked me to make her a Diamond Wedding Anniversary card. I love making special cards for people, especially when it allows me to just play.
I have some fabulous Tonic Heart dies which I have been itching to play with so this was the perfect opportunity.
Of course there had to be some sparkle for a Diamond Wedding Anniversary so I die cut the heart from white card stock, and then from card that had been brayered with Imagination Diamond Sparkle Medium.
I added die cut sentiments and then stamped and embossed Anniversary in black because I felt that it needed a little bit of colour.
The background panel has been dry embossed and then I added a little more of the sparkle medium around the edges.
Unfortunately with a white on white creation, it is very difficult to photograph. It really does look so much better in the flesh.
One of the things that I have been trying very hard to do is use up all the bits that I end up with when I am making a specific card. 
It seems that I can never just make a card without creating lots of extra bits and pieces lol. So here are a couple of Anniversary cards that I made out of the leftovers.
One of the side effects of the extremely hot weather that we had over the summer was that I found it very hard to function. Eight hours air conditioning at work got me through the day, but then I struggled as soon as I got home.
As a consequence of this I have failed miserably in my card sending. I may have made some, but when it came to finishing them off inside, and actually getting them in the post it just didn't happen.
I have managed to miss several Wedding Anniversaries, including both of my Sisters so they will just have to look on these as virtual Anniversary greetings from me instead.
Better get on with some CCM commenting before the ruddy Internet locks me out again.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the heat putting a slowdown on crafting. It was very hot in on the West Coast of Canada too, and my crafting certainly was affected.

    Your cards are lovely. Your friend must have loved the one you made for her and using the leftovers to make up two more while you had everything out was a beilliant idea.

    I have been doing something of the same this year. Just rrying to use some of the snippets before they get filed away and forgotten!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx