Followers

Tuesday 11 April 2017

Things wirh Wings at CCM

Evening Everyone,
Sorry that this is a little later than planned, I have been having a fun filled couple of days playing with some of my new toys.
I have been killing two birds with one stone, finishing off some of the cards that I need to send out this month, so I haven't been totally naughty.
Yesterday saw the start of a new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers where our host Mary is looking for Things With Wings. Anything with wings will count, birds, butterflies and other insects, fairies, aeroplanes, even hearts as long as they have wings!

I chose a huge butterfly stamp from Chocolate Baroque for my card.
I stamped and embossed the image onto vellum and then dry embossed sections of the design on the reverse to create 'whitework'.
Vellum is always difficult to mount as any form of glue tends to show through, so I wrapped the panel around a square of patterned card stock and taped it down using DSST.
I added some faux stitching to match the white die cut panel and then finished it off with a white peel-off sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to check out what the rest of the DT have created to inspire you.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Hello Kim. I love that butterfly .. it is gorgeous!! The whitework you did on it is simply stunning!! Love the colours .. gorgeous card!! xx Marg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, perfect and so stylish, love it. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter Kim, wow that butterfly is stunning and I love how you did the white work, have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx