Followers

Saturday 12 November 2016

A Woodware Sketch

Hello All,
My turn to play with the Sketch today at WoodwareWitterings.
I love sketches, they are always a great place to start if you are stuck for a bit of inspiration.
I used a piece of handmade background paper from my stash and a lovely floral image designed by Jane Gill JGS446 Whimsical Flower - Sally Anne.
The background paper was made using 'Bleeding Art Tissue' and water, and the floral image was stamped and embossed onto it using Black Versafine ink and clear embossing powder.
I painted the leaves and stem with water blotted with kitchen paper to 'bleach' out some of the colour.
Parts of the image were actually painted with diluted thin bleach which gives a much whiter image. I also added a touch of sparkle by painting with the ink from a Gelli Roll Sparkle pen.
 The letters were cut using DD005 Dreamweaver Dual Alphabet and Number dies.
I created a second card using another piece of handmade background from my stash.
This time I painted the flowers with coordinating dye based inks,
and cut the letters from white and kraft card.
I also added some faux stitching using a black micron pen the same as on the first card.

I hope that you have fun with our sketch, and that you have enjoyed the cards that the rest of the team have made this week.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx