Followers

Friday 3 June 2016

Shaker Card for WoodwareWitterings

Morning Everyone,
My turn again over at WoodwareWitterings where all this week we have been sharing Shaker Cards.
Dorothy seemed to think that we would all have Foam Tape in common, but you know me, I like to do things a little bit differently so I made an acetate pouch to house my 'shaker bits'.
The problem was that I wanted to use my Stampendous Snowflake die.
Yes I know that it's another Christmas card, but you have to start somewhere, and I have not long finished the cards for the Winter Woodware catalogue so I am still in Christmas mode.
I stamped and gold embossed the kraft card with the large snowflake from CRS5069 Delicate Snow Set and then die cut the centre using the matching die.
Because it is such an intricate shape I decided that it would be almost impossible to go round the edges with foam tape so I create a pouch by folding a piece of acetate in half.
Tape two of the open sides with sellotape before filling it with Shaved Ice, Champagne Glass Glitter, Gilded Mica and tiny stars, the cut outs from a Woodware Border punch.
Tape up the opening and attach it to the back of the stamped and punched panel.
I stamped and embossed the large snowflake onto a piece of plain brown card before attaching the panel using silicon glue.
I added the sentiments from FRCL105 Traditional Christmas Greetings using silicon glue.
Having taken my pictures I realised that I had stuck the greetings on with the card upside down.
So this one is for you Julie Hickey. A card for a left handed person lol.
As usual I made a second card using the leftovers.
I hope that you will feel inspired to try making a shaker card, something fun and a little bit different.
Have a great day.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx